POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions : Re: Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem concerning the use of array indices inside functions
From: Jaap Frank
Date: 2 May 2003 14:00:28
Message: <3eb2b23c@news.povray.org>
"ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 May 2003 18:46:31 +0200, "Jaap Frank" <jjf### [at] xs4allnl> wrote:
> > I suppose that the modern processors have this possibility too, but that the
> > way the arrays are reached in memory, this is already in use and we need
> > now indirect indirect referencing or something like that to do this.
>
> It seems you have mistaken something. POV-Ray Scene Description Language is not
> low-level language. It does not base on architecture of processor (even if there
> was 'architecture' topic in last POV related image contest :-). The design
> describes what functions can do. AFAIK current design does not include run-time
> operations on arrays just like it does not allow vectors, strings or objects
> there.

I know what you mean, but what I meant is that I think that in principal it should
be
possible to do this with the program,  if it takes this possibility into account.
The program should be changed then of coarse. Maybe there are reasons that
forbid this. I have tried to read the C-program, but it is to complex to follow
for me.

Jaap Frank